Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Aphra's Watch Us Wednesday Tutorial

Hi Krafters! I'm Aphra here today with our second Watch Us Wednesday tutorial. I have a quick and easy kraft flower that you can add to any project. Particularly your Kraft Journal projects.

Supplies: Lunch Bag Kraft Text Paper, 1" circle punch, 1 7/16" cirlce punch, 1 7/8" scalloped circle punch, glue dots, and brad.



First, punch three of each sized circle punch.



Spray the punched shapes with Glimmer Mist. I used Coffee but any brown would do. Then, scrunch them up.



Stack all nine punches smallest to largest and punch a hole in the center. I used the smaller hole on my Crop A Dile.



Insert a brad. Set this aside . . . it's just the center of the flower. Although, you could use this piece alone if you like.



With your 1 7/16" circle punch, punch out 13 circles.



Add a glue dot to twelve of the circles and roll it into a little cone.



Attach the twelve cones to the thirteenth circle to form a flower.





Use dimensional glue dots to attach the center on top of the cones. Shape your petals as needed.



I added some Red Baker's Twine and a little sentiment tag to my flower and then attached it to a little 4" x 6" card using Cosmo Cricket's Togetherness line.



Thanks for joining me today! Hope you'll give these flowers a try. And don't forget to link up your Family themed project by Sunday. Toodles!

17 comments:

  1. I LOVE this tutorial!! Thanks so much for sharing! I am making this flower for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tutorial, im definetly gonna try the flower thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love your flower, Aphra! Can't wait to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really looking forward to trying this flower tutorial... FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aphra, who knew you could do such cute things with Lunch Bag Kraft Paper? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so cute,thanks for the tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to make this flower very soon......thanks!

    xoxo Karen Lee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! I will hav to try this! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the flower! Thank you for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this flower! I actually have all the punches to make it! I'll be making one of these today! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tutorial Aphra! Congrats on having your card featured at Two Peas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is SO COOL!!! I love that flower!!!! I need to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOWZA love this. Great tutorial. This will be one of my weekend activities. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. this flower looks beautiful in kraft! I'll be trying this out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE this flower and thank you so much for the tutorial!!!

    I can't wait to try this out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That flower is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. AWESOME!! LOVE your flower, thanks for the wonderful tutorial! :) I'm totally going to give one of those a try! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10