Monday, April 18, 2011

Make it Monday with Kraft Outlet: Easter

 Welcome to Make It Monday with the Kraft Outlet. Challenge #15 theme for this week is "EasterUse this week's theme to inspire you to create a project and then link it up at the bottom of this post before 6:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) on Sunday April 24, 2011.  All participants in our challenges for the month of April have a chance to be featured on our "Feature You Fridays" posts as well as be entered to win a $15.00 Kraft Outlet Store Voucher!  The more challenges you enter this month, the more chances you have to win! 

Before we get started with this week's Design Team Reveal we're excited to introduce our Guest Designer for our Challenge 15 Easter theme, Jeanie Witmer, {aka The Spotted Chick}.


Jeanie Witmer
My name is Jeanie Witmer, {aka The Spotted Chick}.  I live in Florida with my amazingly supportive and understanding husband.  He even shops for my crafting supplies for me!  Woo-hoo!  We have one daughter, who is our pride and joy.  I've been a stamper for about 5 years now and I enjoy sharing my creations with all the hens who visit my blog.  I knew this was the perfect hobby for me because I absolutely LOVE paper!  Seriously, I never tire of admiring, touching, and then buying it!  (Did I mention my hubby was understanding?  LOL!)  Of course, one of my favorite papers is KRAFT!!  I love the feel and natural look of KRAFT.  I even have That's Krafty Thursday challenges on my blog where the only requirement is the use of Kraft cardstock.  I'd love to have you stop by the hen house and if you're feeling KRAFTY, be sure to enter my TKT challenge this week.  YOU could be the next KRAFTY CHICK!

I am currently on the design team for two wonderful companies, Stamping Bella, and Bugaboo Stamps.  I am also a guest designer for Ladybug Crafts Ink.  In addition, I have been a featured designer for Whipper Snapper Designs and I am a former member of the Baker's Dozen design team.

I am thrilled to be a Guest Designer for Kraft Outlet's official blog, The Kraft Journal and I hope to see you soon in the hen house!

Jeanie Witmer
We just love Jeanie's adorable project for our Easter themed challenge this week. For more information about Jeanie's project and to learn more about her Kraft cardstock weekly challenges visit the Spotted Chick blog.

Easter Design Team Reveal

Tracy MacDonald
Tracy has created an Easter basket with Brown Kraft and Buff Ivory Cover Weight cardstocks.  The side panels have been woven with cream ribbon and she has used some Small Kraft pillow boxes to make treat packages to go along with the basket.  The boxes are trimmed with decorative punch pieces in Buff Ivory cardstock and some pretty vintage images Tracy turned into little tags.  The tags have green Bakers Twine bows.  Tracy created the flower embellishment with Lunchbag Kraft cardstock and more of the Buff ivory.  She also used a White Round Metal Edge Tag for the sentiment.  You can find further details about the basket and boxes and a link for the basket tutorial on Tracy's blog.

Audrey Pettit
Using Lunch Bag Kraft Cardstock and patterned papers, Audrey created a layered, nested egg for this week's Easter Celebration theme, perfect for adding a bit of springtime cheer to her home for the holiday. She added detailing with inked edges and machine stitching, and embellished the egg with a large handmade flower made from patterned paper and Vintage Dictionary Pages. Audrey further dressed up her egg with a pretty bow made from Natural Twill Tying Tape and Victoria Seam Binding and leaves she stitched and cut from cream felt. Her finishing touch is two vintage silver and pearl buttons that came from her grandmother's collection. You can find more photos and details on Audrey's blog.

Aphra Boyler
 For this week's Easter Challenge, Aphra has created a Carrot Cone Treat Holder. The cone itself was created from some lovely orange patterned paper. Then she filled it with treats and added the green stem, which was created from green polka dotted paper and Spring Green 7 Gypsies Decorative Tape cut into 1/2" strips and tucked inside the cone. The last step was to add a ribbon and a tag punched from some Brown Kraft Cardstock. Some mini alpha stickers and orange baker's twine and the little treat bag is ready for Easter gift giving. To see close-ups and a link to a tutorial, check out Aphra's blog My Scrappy Life.

We hope you enjoy this week's Easter Challenge and look forward to seeing the projects you create using Kraft cardstock or products from the Kraft Outlet. Be sure to stop back in tomorrow to see who we've selected for our Top Three Awards from last week's challenge and Wednesday too when Kristina will share a delightful tutorial for our Watch Us Wednesday post.

5 comments:

  1. That Jeanie is one of the coolest chicks out there! Gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a ditz! I mistakenly linked up my non-Easter card to the challenge! I've been looking for a way to remove it, but can't find one. Please remove it if you can.

    AND...OMG the DT projects are amzing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem Sheri... I removed it for you.... but we still hope you decide to play along this week at The Kraft Journal anyhow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow awesome projects by the DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry , i forgt to add my comment for jeanie , love the card and your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10