Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thursday Trigger with Beth Moore

You know that saying, "Imitation is the best form of flattery" well if that is true, then today I'm sending that flattery to Julia Stainton. I don't know her personally (and I hope I have the right one...as I looked her up on Google!).  At any rate, there is a card in the May/June 2010 issue of Papercraft Magazine entitled "The Carriage Awaits" that she created that REALLY spoke to me... I mean, really, really.  I loved her card so much that I decided to CASE it (if you look that acronym up it means to either Copy and Steal Everything or Copy and Share with Everyone)... either way... I did it. Thank you so much for the inspiration Julia as I had such a GREAT time creating my version of that card and I FINALLY used a stamp set I bought almost a year ago... a BIG plus. Add the use of that stamp with my MOST FAVORITE papercraft products from Kraft Outlet AND Cheery Lynn Designs and I've got a card that I am totally lovin' on today thanks to Julia's creative brilliance! (For the record, I think her card was more of a wedding theme... not so much baby). At any rate, it is just too bad I don't know a SINGLE PERSON to give it to right now...so I'll have to stow this one away (with the other million or so cards I've made) until someone has a baby on the way! In the meantime however, I wanna share it with you for our Challenge 14 theme, "Bunnies, Baskets or Babies" (notice the bunnies on the patterned paper and the card is for a baby too!) :-)

Beth Moore
From the Kraft Outlet, this card features the use of our perfectly yummy Light Kraft Cover Weight cardstock. Just as a side note here, I used my Copic Sketch Markers (R11 and R12) to color in the baby buggy and I was wonderfully surprised at how beautifully they blended on the Kraft Outlet cardstock!! You can visit my blog for more information about the supplies I used and for directions to re-create this card.

Join us tomorrow for our Feature Me Friday post (we've got a great project to showcase...as always) and don't forget you still have plenty of time to join in our current Bunnies, Baskets or Babies challenge.  You can find our challenge at the top right of our sidebar and link your project there!

4 comments:

  1. Awww, how beautiful, Beth! I absolutely love this! I keep telling myself I need to stamp and color on kraft. It just looks so fabulous. Julia makes the sweetest cards, doesn't she? Your case study is just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Beth I am so in love with your interpretantion, it looks fabulous! I have never colores in
    Kraft, thet is one for my to do list.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10