Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Watch Us Wednesday: Easter Basket Tutorial with Aphra Boyler

Hello krafters! It's Baskets, Bunnies, and Babies Week here at The Kraft Journal. With Easter right around the corner, I thought I'd show you how to make this sweet little basket with a quick and easy tutorial.


Step One: Cut a sheet of Lunch Bag Kraft Cardstock into a 9" square. Then, score the sheet every three inches, so you end up with a grid of nine 3" squares.


Step Two: Cut 3" slits on two opposing sides of the square.


Step Three: Cut a 2" x 11" strip of Lunch Bag Kraft Cardstock and punch the edges with your favorite border punch.


Step Four: Attach the handle as shown below.



Step Five: At this point, I added a strip of Robin's Egg Blue 7 Gypsies Decorative Tape to my handle. Fold the basket sides upward and attach to the handle as shown below.


Step Six: Embellish the basket and fill with treats.


I used my Cricut and the Create A Critter cartridge to cut this cute little hatching chick from Echo Park's Life Is Good papers. Then, I added buttons tied with Brown Baker's Twine.


And for the top of the handle, I added a couple of flowers (cut with the Cricut Create A Critter cartridge also), a seam binding bow, some more Baker's Twine, a button, and an X-small Grungy Prim Tag.

Thanks for stopping by today! And I hope to see some of your Bunnies, Baskets, and Babies projects linked up in Monday's post, so you can be eligible for this month's contest. Stop back in tomorrow for our Bunnies, Baskets and Babies Thursday Trigger and have a great day!

Note: You can see more of Aphra's projects on her blog.

8 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Wow, how imaginative. Really adorable. That dp on the chick is cool.

Romaine said...

The chichester is simply the cutesy thing! I must try the basket!

Romaine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol said...

fabulous job! TFS

Audrey Pettit said...

How fun! I just love this basket! Fabulous job, Aphra. Your chick is the sweetest touch. :)

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

Love this fun tutorial Aphra!!

Michelle said...

You are one creative chickie!!!! I love your basket!

shelly said...

ive been trying to find out how to make one of these for awhile now..thank you! great easy instructions aphra. yours turned out so cute! i made one this size then made one smaller too. i posted on my blog and linked back to you of course :)