Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Watch Us Wednesday with Jennifer Cuthbertson: Hinged Card Tutorial

Today Jennifer has a fun tutorial for how to make a hinged card using decorative brads and paper tape!



I started with a piece of buff ivory cardstock trimmed to 4.25 x 5.5 and covered it with strips of paper tape. Trim the excess tape with scissors.



I cut a circle from the buff ivory cardstock and a coordinating scalloped circle from some patterned paper. I then stamped some foliage images; once in green that will be the background image, and others in dark brown which I cut out and popped up using foam squares.
 

I attached the two circles together and attached them to the taped base using a Christmas decorative brad.



I cut a smaller circle from the buff ivory and stamped it with the Christmas greeting which is revealed when the larger circle is rotated.



This is a fun and easy way to change up your "normal" folded cards that could even be sent as postcards simply by addressing the back!

3 comments:

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10