Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Watch Us Wednesday with Lynn: Christmas Card Set Tutorial

Hello!  It's Lynn, for this week's Watch It Wednesday Guest Designer tutorial.  I'm going to show you an easy way to make 4 cards out of 4 sheets of 6 x 6 paper and my favorite card base, Kraft Cover Weight CS from The Kraft Outlet.   Let's get started.

To use this technique, you will need 4 sheets of  DOUBLE SIDED coordinating paper.

Cut each sheet to 4 x 6.


Next, trim each of these pieces to 5 x 5/14, saving the 3/4 inch strips.



Cut the rectangles at the 3 1/2 inch mark.
Flip the smaller rectangles to the pattern on the other side.


Now comes the fun part! Play around with the patterns mixing and matching until you get a combination you like. I always go for contrast here.

This was my favorite combination.


Now adhere to folded Kraft cardstock, leaving an even border of cardstock showing around edges.

Adhere those small strips over the seam where the two patterns meet.


Now you are ready to embellish!

I decided to use a variety of tags from the Kraft Outlet to go along with the challenge this week.


These tags were made with only one stamp set, My Mind's Eye "Lost and Found" Christmas set and two

I stamped a small and large Kraft tag along with small and large scalloped white tags.

I threaded the tags with the following fibers natural twill typing tape, Savannah seam binding, and Kraft baker's twine.

Adhere to card and there you have 4 sweet and simple cards!


If you haven't made your Christmas cards yet, hopefully this tutorial will help you save some time and inspire you to create. 

To learn more about our Lynn, our Guest Designer for this week's Watch Us Wednesday tutorial and to see more of her designs visit her blog

Thanks for joining us today and don't forget that there is still time to join our current challenge this week.  To learn more and to enter your project click on the Current Challenge link located in the upper righthand of our sidebar.

6 comments:

  1. lynn, this is such a great tutorial! i know it will help people who are rushed for time, to get their xmas cards done! adorable cards, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent tutorial Lynn, thanks so much for being our Guest for this segment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Lynn! I love this paper pack and have it almost all used up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am feeling totally inspired. This is a fantastic "assembly line" technique to use to make more than one card at a time. I also like that you used the two Distress inks you have shown (because mine just arrived on Friday in the mail...same brand and colors....YIPPEE).
    Awesome cards!
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love this tutorial! I have so many 6x6 papers so now I am off to use it to make sets of birthday cards. Love it, love it, love it! Thanks for the great idea!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just finished my cards! Thanks for the tutorial, they were so quick and easy to make - love it!
    I have posted the cards on my blog if anyone is interested in having a look. :)

    http://carlasscrappytales.blogspot.com/2011/12/set-of-super-simple-cards.html

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10