Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Watch Us Wednesday with Jennifer Cuthbertson: Inter-Office Envelope Inspired Card

Hello friends! Jennifer here today to share with you a card I made with a fastener inspired by an inter-office mail envelope I saw at work the other day!



I started with a standard 4.25 x 5.5 card base made from light kraft cardstock which was folded twice for a french door effect.

I start most cards by getting out a ton of supplies and then pare down until I find what I'm going to use.

I measured and cut two panels from a sheet of patterned paper and stamped them with a beautiful rose image from Waltzingmouse Stamps and stamped a hang tag with a sentiment for the inside of the card.

I glued some hang tag string to one of a pair of vintage rhinestone buttons.

I adhered a panel of patterned paper to the interior of the card and attached the tag, tying the string in a bow.

I tied some shabby ribbon around one of the "doors", used two stick pins as decorative accents, and glued the buttons down on the card.

To close the card, I simply wound the string around the two buttons!

Here is a view of the finished card's interior!

I can't wait to hear about everyday items that weave their way into your craft projects! Also, remember that there is still time to join our current "Stamp it Pretty" challenge. Click on the Current Challenge link located in the upper righthand of our sidebar for more information.

3 comments:

  1. Love this card Jen! especially how you used patterned paper on the inside, stamping the sentiment on a tag, love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    Love this fabby envelope card! wow! Love the idea! Thanks!
    -Sony

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10