Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Watch Us Wednesday with Debbie Carriere: Quick Cards with Decorative Fabric Tape

Hi there!!  Debbie Carriere here today with a very simple tutorial to show you how to use Decorative Fabric Tape to make quick work of a card.  First I gathered my supplies from The Kraft Outlet - 7 Gypsies Creme Gaffer Tape, Lunch Bag Kraft Cardstock, Buff Ivory Cover Weight Cardstock, a Large Kraft Shipping Tag, and Red Baker's Twine.


The Buff Ivory panel is 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" and the Lunch Bag Kraft panel is 4-1/4" x 5-1/2".  I die cut a border from black cardstock and placed near the bottom of the Buff Ivory panel.  I secured in place using the Gaffer tape and trimmed - no measuring, no adhesive :)


I applied a second length of Gaffer Tape and a second border (the negative cut of the first border) abutting this and trimmed.  I adhered this panel to the Brown Kraft panel to form my card front.


I stamped a sentiment on the Kraft shipping tag.


I adhered another die cut border using a second pattern of Gaffer tape below the sentiment and trimmed.


I trimmed a bit off the bottom of the tag and finished with Baker's Twine, a few die cut felt flowers I had in my "save for another day" drawer, and a seam binding bow.  I attached the tag to the card front using foam dots.  Here is the finished product - a lovely card which took hardly any time at all!  The Kraft Outlet carries a bunch of different fabric tapes from 7 Gypsies, check them all out here.  You should definitely give them a try!  There is still time to enter this week's Fantastic Finds challenge - you can find the link in the sidebar.  Thanks for visiting today!



2 comments:

  1. That's pretty cool, I'm going to have to try that out:) Thanks for sharing such a great tip. Loved your card!

    Peace, Love & Cricut Hug's!
    Monica L.

    monita23@ca.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a quick, easy, and very effective card!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10