Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Watch Us Wednesday with Jennifer Cuthbertson: Hand-Sewing Tutorial

Hello! Jennifer here to share a fun hand-sewing tutorial with you. The sentiment I used was inspired by this week's "Luck o' the Irish" challenge!


I found a tutorial on another blog I follow last week and thought it would be fun to share. I used punched hearts instead of hand cut hearts because it was quicker for me. I have a hard enough time hand-sewing, I needed to leave extra time for that part! :)

I glued some cotton down on one of the hearts, made a "sandwich" and then stitched the hearts together creating a bit of puffiness. I think they could have been more puffy but you get the idea.

After stitching the hearts together, I added some hemp cord strings to make them look like little balloons, stamped a sentiment, and cut a panel of patterned paper to cover part of the postcard tag.
I tied the balloon strings together with some baker's twine and adhered the hearts to the tag.

When you buy ribbon on a card like this gorgeous seam binding, you may want to straighten it out to get a smoother look on your projects. Have you ever seen someone in a dress shirt that just came out of the package? Yep, kinda like that and so easy to fix! I got a great deal on this ribbon iron but I've heard a curling iron gives the same results and chances are good you have one in the house!
Here is a photo of the finished tag complete with ironed ribbon! Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10