Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Watch Us Wednesday with Dawn: Father's Day "fishing vest" Card Tutorial



It is almost time for summer activities and special days.  One of those days is Father's Day.  As a family that likes to hang out on the lake and fish all day I thought this fishing vest card would be a great idea for my husband.  I had seen a similar one on Pinterest.  


The Kraft Outlet has this awesome lightweight kraft paper called Lunch Bag Kraft Cardstock.  It is perfect for this project.  I cut a piece  9 inches X 5.5 inches for my vest.


I then cut scored at 2 1/4 inches on each side and folded it.  I cut off the corners to resemble a vest shaped pattern.  I saved the corners to add back on as a collar.


I sponged all the way around my vest to give it that distressed worn look. 


I added some pockets too.  I then took a Sharpie white marker and added some faux stitching and buttons. I wanted to add some lures too.  BUT be very careful as some of the stuff you can get has an oil on it and I ruined a card by laying it on my vest.  It left an oil mark. 


Lastly I added this image to the inside and it is ready to go.  The inside piece measures 3 3/4 X 5 inches. 




Hopefully this has given you some ideas for a manly type card.  Thanks for joining me today and don't forget that you still have plenty of time to join our "Graduation Celebration" challenge this week, just follow the Current Challenge link located in the upper right hand of our sidebar for all the details and to enter your project.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute Dad's Day card and it would work for a variety of guy cards. The lure is a super touch as is that terrific image (Mo manning, I believe). Fantastic card. Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I have a whole family of Fishers. This would also be wonderful for a mans birthday. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10