Friday, July 27, 2012

(in leiu of) Feature Me Friday... New Designers at TKJ Announcement

In leiu of our regular Feature Me Friday post here at The Kraft Journal, we'd like to take this opportunity to ask you to please join us in welcoming our two newest Kraft Outlet Designers!

Hi ! I am Jan Del Bone, from Eugene, Oregon, the most beautiful spot in the country! I am retired, after teaching business and Microsoft software at a local college. If I am not at home, you may find me at my local scrap shop, where I have made a few silly friends and enjoy classes, bunko, crops, and Weight Watchers! I spent many years working as a volunteer with the Oregon Golf Association, manning scoreboards and computers. I love to tell goofy stories about my grandson, Spencer, and you may find his pictures and golf videos on my blog occasionally. Excited to be a part of The Kraft Journal - please pop in at my blog, chai tea 'n me, and say hello !



I am a life long Georgia girl, raised in the foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains. I am a child of the 1950's, and some of my earliest memories are of my mother teaching me to make paper dolls from the pictures in the Sears catalog and furniture for them from cardboard. I have tried many different types of crafts over the years, but paper crafting in general and card making specifically has taken root in my heart and is my joy, my therapy, and very often my sanity. Very simply put, playing with paper, scissors, glue, and all the other things that go with them, makes me happy!

I am blessed to be married to a wonderful man who is also my best friend - in 2012 we celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary. He is so sweet about this crafty obsession of mine, and not only encourages, but enables me to keep it going as well. We love to travel, go camping and canoeing and exploring new areas of the country just to see what's around the bend. I am retired from the corporate world and enjoy being a SAHM to our two mini Dachshunds, Bailey and Bessie. I am also caregiver to my 80+ year old Mama, who thankfully doesn't need a lot of care, in fact she can work rings around me, and it is my joy and honor to be there to help her when she needs me.

I love teaching what I know to others, and even more I enjoy encouraging others in their endeavors. If I had to pick one style that best fits me, that would be difficult, but I would probably say vintage/retro/shabby, but I try hard to make projects in different styles and not limit myself to only one style. I also believe that paper crafting is 'my' art! One of my favorite quotes is "He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an artist" -- Francis of Assisi ... and I really do believe that it is true! Happy Crafting! Visit me at my blog: Camellia Cottage Designs.

Both Jan and Becky will officially join the team in the coming weeks, watch for their first projects coming soon!

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited to be a part of this great team! Thank you for the kind welcome! Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome girls! You'd re going to love being part of this fabulous team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the new girls, can't wait to see all of their wonderful and KRAFTy projects!
    :Dx

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10