Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Watch Us Wednesday with Lynn Darda: Quilt Square Inspired Card Tutorial

Hello, it is Lynn here to share a tutorial with you. Since this week's challenge is to "Use Any Sketch" I thought I'd show you how I created a card, using a sketch that was inspired by a quilt square.  My friend owns an adorable, little quilt shop and she lets me hold card-making workshops there.  One day I was watching her create some small quilt squares and I thought the same idea would work for a card, here is the sketch I created.

These are the steps I used to cut the patterned paper.  Select two different patterned papers.  Decide the width of your square and divide by 2.  That is the size you will cut the squares, two out of each pattern.

Then you will cut each of those squares in half, as shown in photo below.


Now you have 8 triangles.


Arrange those triangles in the "pinwheel" pattern, next photo, onto a piece of solid cardstock.  Leave a small border around the design.


Trim around square, leaving an even border.  Adhere to card base and embellish.


I used Brown Kraft Cover Weight cardstock, from The Kraft Outlet, to create this card.  For another quilt-inspired project idea you can visit my blog From My Bungalow.

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty Lynn! Thanks for the great tute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - I am off to have ago :)
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the fab sketch/tutorial I added my card to the Make it Monday challenge using your sketch x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Lynn! Can't wait to try it when I get back to the studio!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10