Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Watch Us Wednesday with Tracy: Decorated Cotton Bags

Hi!  Tracy here for this weeks tutorial from The Kraft Journal.  I'm going to share a short tutorial on a project using the Cotton Bags found at Kraft Outlet.  Recently one of my bloggie buddies, Heidy Blom of Heidy's Scrappies, created an adorable little muslin bag here, and I was itching to give it a try.
 
I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink to stamp my image.  You really need a pretty juicy stamp pad and make sure your image is inked really well.  Try not to pick something really intricate or you'll lose the definition in the fabric fibers.  Also make sure you stamp onto a nice flat surface so you can get a good impression.
 

Here's what the impression looks like.  It won't come out overly dark cause the fabric soaks up the ink, but it gives a really nice softened line effect once you've colored.


You don't have to press hard with your markers.  I've used Copics here.  I wasn't sure if they would bleed through or not so I stuck a folded post it note inside the bag but it wasn't necessary.  No bleed through.


Here's a pic of the image completed


I added some fun wintery ribbon to the top of the bag to finish it off.  With the variety of images available in stamping you can customize this bag for ANY occasion.  Happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this!!!Love it and will try this!
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh just gorgeous, not seen this image witht the polar bear, how sweet.
    Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous!! Love your coloring!
    Have a nice evening, Colinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this stamp! beautiful job on the canvas bag :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10