Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Watch Us Wednesday with Tammy: Mini Grocery Bags


It's Tammy here, and I am sharing how to make little mini grocery bags. After several emails asking if I would show how to make the Mini Grocery Bag I made a few weeks ago I thought today would be the perfect opportunity. It's fairly simple, but this post may be picture heavy to help assist you along the way.

First let's gather some supplies:
Ink
Lunch Bag Kraft 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock
Paper trimmer 
Scissors
Strong Adhesive (I use the red sticky tape)
Score Board
Stamps

I have worked my measurements, so that you can get two mini grocery bags off of one 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. I am always looking for ways to stretch my dollar. :-)
 
Lunch Bag Kraft 8 1/2 x 11 cut in half gives you two mini grocery bags
You are going to score at 1 1/2, 3, 5 1/2, and 7
 

It should look like this after scoring.
 

1 inch from the bottom you are going to snip the TWO OUTSIDE FOLDS and remove pieces.
 

It should look like this after you have made the cuts.
 
 
Now Score 1/2 inch down the full length of the bottom above the flap.
 
 
Now the fun part. Decorate the front part of your bag.
 

You will need to cut up each of the small score lines on the smaller flap
to the 1/2 score line you created. (Shows below)

Flip over and add a strong adhesive down the left side as well as the bottom edges of your flap.
 
 
Bring the two ends together and run your finger down the center to form the back.
Fold the smaller tabs in finally bringing up the bigger flap to adhere and form bottom.
 
 
Two mini grocery bags ready for treats from 1 sheet of Lunch Bag Kraft Cardstock.
 
 
Ta Da!  So cute right!?!?!


 Now you have a completed little mini grocery bag treats for Halloween. 

I hope you found this helpful and will give it a try! If you decide to make some of your own, please send me a link to your project. I would love to pop by and see it! For a full list of supplies used please visit my blog at Creating Somewhere Under The Sun.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
~Tammy~

4 comments:

  1. Amazing, but the fingers were a tad scarey!!!
    Mind you it's exactly what you want a t Halloween right?
    thanks for showing it.
    Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, deffinitly gonne make some!!! Have a nice evening, Colinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really cute project and with the great instructions and pictures should be easy to make. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to do these for my nieces for Halloween treats them are so simple to make. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10