Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Watch Us Wednesday with Tracy: Decorative Borders for Circles

Hi!  It's Tracy and I have a tutorial for you today from The Kraft Journal.  You may already know how to do this handy little trick but I thought I'd share just in case.  I'm going to show you how to make a decorative border for a circle or oval using Martha Stewart straight edge border dies.
In the first photo you can see my uncolored images, a orange circle border (which I later changed to green) and a 6" circle of chipboard covered with Brown Kraft Cover Weight cardstock.  You can also see my decorative border strip cut from a piece of 12" x 12" Bazzill.
 
 I used my craft scissors to snip between the sections of the border strip.

I cut a second 6" circle of chipboard and laid down a border of Copic double sided tape.  I then began to adhere the sections one at a time around the edge of the chipboard circle.

Here's the completed circle.  It took almost two full sections and you'll probably find that your ends don't match up perfectly. Just hide that with some embellies.

Here's the finished project you may have seen on my blog last week.  Happy crafting!


6 comments:

  1. OMG...this is a wonderful technique Tracy! Reminds me of my high school Home Ec classes and having to sew sleeves on, lol.
    Can't wait to give this a try. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, here's one person who didn't know this trick! ME! Thanks, I'm excited to use my border punches in a new way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fab, cannot wait to have a go, can you use any MS border punch, I will have fun seeing which one looks the best. Thank you for sharing. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...Why is it that you make things look so EASY!!! LOL Thank you for this great tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that border punch but not the corner punch. I am leased to see how you trimmed it. I like it and I am going to try it. Thank you . Blessings Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool technique!! I will have to give this a try. Fabulous coloring too!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10