Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Watch Us Wednesday with Tammy: Home Decor Project


Hi~

I have a Shabby Home Decor Project to share for The Kraft Journal! On my last tutorial for The Kraft Journal, I showed you how to make Vintage Page Dictionary Flowers. You can click here to review. I mentioned in that tutorial to stay tuned for a future post where they will re-appear. I have incorporated that flower in today's project. 

The Supplies you need include:
These items can be found at The Kraft Outlet:
Other Items
Peat Pot
White Acrylic Paint
Foam Brush
Hot Glue Gun
Heavy Duty Double Sided Tape
Any items you want for filling your decorated Peat Pot! :-)
 
The first step is to paint your Peat Pot inside and out using Acrylic Paint and a foam brush.  I like a Shabby look, so I did not cover the entire pot with paint.  I wanted some of the original showing through.  
While you are waiting for your pot to dry, die-cut your leaves from Vintage Dictionary Pages to embellish your flower.
Time to decorate the outside of your Peat Pot.  
Run some heavy double sided tape around the center of your pot.  Next take the Canvas Fringe Ribbon and ruffle it as you go by overlapping/pleating. I left a section in the middle open to place my focal embellishment.
Next I wrapped some Natural Hemp Cord around the center of the pleated Canvas Fringe Ribbon and tied a knot in the center leaving some extra long lengths for me to curl.
Cut a circle out of your Stretched Burlap. Add your Vintage Dictionary Paper Flower and die-cut leaves to the front.  Flip over and add hot glue to the back and adhere to the front of your Shabby Peat Pot! You can find something to alter in just about anything!!! 

Now you can fill this Self-Made Shabby Pot with whatever goodness your heart desires! 


Be sure to stop by The Kraft Outlet to check out the wonderful line of products including many of the products used today!

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
~Tammy~

1 comment:

  1. This is soooo up my vintage-loving alley! Gorgeous project, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10