Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Watch Us Wednesday with Karen: DIY Mini Album Closure

Hello crafty friends!  Karen Letchworth here this week to share an easy idea with you all for making a simple closure on your mini albums.  Not only does this technique keep your album closed, but it also adds a cute touch.  I started with a Small Kraft Paper Sack that I folded in half and covered in patterned papers to create a mini album.  I love using Paper Sacks for albums because they come with built-in pockets.  To use more than one paper sack, you can refer to my previous tutorial called Easy Paper Bag Albums.  I covered all the pages, did some machine stitching, and added plenty of cute embellishments from The Kraft Outlet including Baker's Twine, a Mini Kraft Merchandise Bag, and a journaling spot from the Black Apothecary Stickers sheet (on an inside page).
 
To close my mini album, I used two lengths of Natural Twill Tape.  I took each piece and covered it on both sides with sticky tape as seen in this photo:
Then, I hid these ends underneath each side of the album as shown in these two photos:
It is so easy to tie and untie the bow to view your album, and it just gives your album lots of layers, dimension and a really fun look as seen in this side view:
I have more photos of the inside pages, but didn't want to overwhelm you with all the photos here.  So, if you'd like to see the rest of this album; showcasing all the amazing products I used from The Kraft Outlet, I invite you to stop by my blog My Cup Runneth Over for ALL the details and complete supply list.  Making paper bag albums is fun and easy, and this cute technique for tying it shut using Twill Tape or other ribbons is a great technique to try.  I hope that you will pick up some paper bags and twill at The Kraft Outlet and give it a try!

1 comment:

  1. What a clever closure and cute album! I must try this!

    Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10