Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Watch Us Wednesday with Lynn: Hand-crafted Envelopes

Hello! It is Lynn with a quick tip on using hand-crafted envelopes. I thought it was pretty fun that I was assigned the week of "Pretty Paper" for a tutorial since I am quite the hoarder collector of pretty paper! One of the hottest tools right now is the envelope punch. I just got mine and started making my own envelopes out of pretty, patterned paper. There are tons of You Tube videos on how to use the tool so I will skip that part and show you how to use Kraft Outlet labels to address your pretty envelopes. First I made the envelopes.


Then I adhered the Kraft Outlet labels to the front to create a neutral background for the address field.
 
 
Since I am a bit challenged at getting things straight, I used a clear ruler as a guide. These labels work great, leaving plenty of room to write an address and stamp a few design elements as well.
On the Buff Ivory Shipping Label I stamped my return address in the corner. On theBrown Kraft Shipping Label I stamped a flourish and tiny heart. When you order these shipping labels from the Kraft Outlet, they come with 10 labels per sheet. Great value! And now a look at my finished envelopes created with pretty paper.
 

Hope you enjoyed this simple, quick tutorial on using shipping labels on your hand-crafted envelopes. If you would like to see the cards that coordinate with these envelopes you can visit my blog From My Bungalow. Have fun creating with pretty paper this week and please share on our challenge link.

1 comment:

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10