Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Watch Us Wednesdays !


Hi, it's Lynn here today and I want to welcome you into my scrap space where I keep a few of my favorite things!  I live in a 1920's Sears bungalow, hence the name of my blog From My Bungalow.
My crafty space is located in the basement where it can be challenging to get good lighting for photos. That being said, let me show you around!

After some water damage in our basement we re-organized the space and got some new storage units. We picked up 2 workbenches, like this, at a big box store.  I love all the shallow drawers which are perfect for organizing papers, projects, and layouts.  Since becoming a Close To My Heart consultant I started holding workshops here.  This bench holds information about my upcoming workshops and monthly specials.
I like to organize my workspace into zones and this one is my Cricut cutting zone.  You can see my machine and cartridges.  The shallow drawers hold my Cricut mats, tools, and extra supplies.  The cards above are all hand-crafted cards that I have received.  I found this photo holder at Pier 1, on sale, and it is just perfect for holding these treasured keepsakes.
Now on to my stamping desk!  That's my favorite spot.  Several years ago we bought some old school science lab tables at an auction for $5 each!  They may not be the prettiest to look at but boy are they sturdy with the black slate tops and wooden legs.  
I like to keep my acrylic blocks, markers, inks, and other stamping supplies within arms reach.  I have the other science table next to this one, configured into an "L" shape.  That is my cutting zone.
All my current CTMH stamps are stored in this large organizer from CTMH.  Baker's twine is stored in a glass jar and other ribbons and twines are in the pink metal make-up organizer.  You may have just seen these on a daily deal site. I splurged and bought two and I love them.  My current CTMH papers are in the chevron file.  Funny that this space started out in one little corner of the basement and has grown to half the basement.  This is where I go to create and relieve stress.  I love to share the space with my friends too.  Thanks for coming over and taking the bungalow basement tour!

5 comments:

  1. I'm one of the lucky people who get to participate in classes at this wonderful studio. It's a great experience to learn, get inspiration, meet fellow paper crafters and laugh. Thank you Lynn Darda for being you and sharing your talent. Jenise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your set up Lynn! It looks very functional and pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous space for creating your wonderful projects, Lynn. Thank you soooooo much for sharing it !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great place for you to work. I can see your creative touches on everything. Thanks for sharing your wonderful space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This working space is really cool and each section of your tour looks like so much fun can't wait to come to your class

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10