Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Watch Us Wednesday

Hello crafty friends of The Kraft Journal!  It's Design Team Member, Karen Letchworth here to share with you all a super easy, fun, and pocket-friendly idea for our "My Special Idea" segment of Watch Us Wednesday.  This week, I'm sharing another great gift-giving idea.  I had purchased some super yummy Pirouline cookies at the Dollar Store, and I saved the canisters because I just knew they would be fun to decorate.  Here's how I decorated them:

I took several sheets of Vintage Dictionary Pages and cut them into narrow strips at the correct height to cover my canisters.  I covered the back side of each strip with a thin layer of Mod Podge and adhered them to the sides of the canisters - overlapping just a bit as I covered them.  This entire process took just a couple minutes per can.  Once I had the canisters covered in the Vintage Dictionary Pages, I covered the lids in the same way.  I then decorated each canister with some stickers and other little Christmas embellishments I had on hand, and tied them with Natural Hemp Cord.

Because I knew that I was going to use these canisters to fill with Christmas treats and give away as gifts, I added Round Metal-Edged Grungy Prim Tags to each canister so that I could write "To/From" on them.   It was the perfect finishing touch.

 The Kraft Outlet is full of great products to help make your gift-giving and holiday crafting projects a breeze, and the prices are always right!  We hope that this little project has inspired you all to head on over to the Kraft Outlet to get some great new supplies, and then join our fun challenge this week.  I have several additional pictures, detailed instructions, and my entire supply list posted today on my blog, My Cup Runneth Over, and I'd love to have you stop by.  Happy crafting!

2 comments:

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10