Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Watch Us Wednesday

Today we are so pleased to have Kim Hill with us, from her blog, Violets and Sunshine.  Kim has a fabulous guest tutorial for all of us - hope you really enjoy it !!

Hi Folks! Just a few more days until Valentines Day, and counting! I mixed it up just a little with today's flip stand page. I thought this would be a great place for my family to record a few things we love. There are two little journaling spots that I added from my stash. How fun is that!?!

I liked this project because it is one of those that came together much more quickly than I expected. (That's fairly unusual for me, since I tend to tweak every project I find.) I used this tutorial and went from there. So let's take a look:


Here's My Ingredients List:
Kraft Cardstock
Oval Punch
Scallop Oval Punch
Pearl Flourishes
Pearl Adhesive Gems
Favorite Adhesive
Score Tape (or other really strong dry adhesive) 
The scalloped heart used for the top and bottom of the box is cut at 4 inches from Kraft Cardstock using the Cricut Artiste Cartridge. I cut four of these and adhered them in pairs to make them sturdier. I then inked the edges in Cranberry Exclusive Ink. I cut a heart to layer from Jubilee paper using the same cartridge. I think it's about 3 1/2 inches. (I used my Gypsy [you could use Cricut Craft Room] to adjust the size.) I also cut the flower at 2 inches from Jubilee paper using Artiste. I inked the edges of the heart in Cranberry and layered it on one of the scalloped hearts. I then created a box and lid per the instructions in the tutorial. I centered the box between the two scalloped hearts and attached it with score tape.
To decorate the lid, I added some pearl flourishes, the flower and some opaque pearl gems from my stash. The sentiment is from the Holiday Tags stamp set by Close To My Heart. I stamped it in Cranberry ink on Kraft card stock and punched it out with my oval punch. I layered it onto the scalloped oval that I punched from Jubilee paper using dimensional adhesive and then popped that onto the top with more dimensional adhesive. I added a couple of pearls to the sentiment to set it off, and because you can NEVER have too much bling!
Here are some close-ups:


And here is a look at the box opened and full of goodies:

Thank you so much, Kim !  What a completely charming gift. !!

7 comments:

  1. So pretty and creative! Love how you cut the printed paper so the pattern compliments the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet!! I love this project! The paper and embellishments are perfect! Off to try it myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! Love the Kraft heart gift container with that sweet gingham paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! Love these colors and this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the fun post. This is an adorable creation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Kim !! Everyone loves this !!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10