Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Watch Us Wednesdays

Hello friends at The Kraft Journal.  Anitra here, and I'd like to show you my crafty space and how I store my laces.  First let me tell you I LOVE lace!  This is my lace station.  Almost every drawer and bin is filled with lace!



To store small yardage of my lace I cut cards using a die and chipboard.  I then cover the chipboard with scraps of patterned papers.  This is a great way to use up pieces of paper that you no longer in love with but can't bear to throw away.  






I then simply wrap the lace around the die cut and store it away in one of the drawers.




This allows me to keep the laces in order and wrinkle free.  



My doilies are stored flat in yet another bin.  They are separated by size.  The smaller doilies are in one drawer while the larger doilies that I use in my photographs are kept in the upper bin.  



For the lace which I have multiple yardage of, I keep them stored on ribbon bolts.  These can often be picked up at fabric stores.  Many times they are just thrown away and if you ask to have them the manager will just give them to you.  Storing the lace on bolts can keep the laces from being wrinkled as well as keep them organized in a small amount of space.


I keep my cotton eyelet laces on one side and my polyester laces on another.  This helps me know where to look when I'm searching for that perfect piece to add to a project.


For the smaller amounts of lace I like to wrap them around wooden clothes pins and display them in this little basket.  Together they make the perfect little Shabby Chic decoration.  



Thank you for allowing me to show you a peek into my craft space.  I hope you are able to use some of these tips on storing you laces.  Remember we have our "Here's My Heart" challenge going on right now and there is still time to play along. 

7 comments:

  1. What beautiful laces and a fabulous storage tip - TFS hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous. I have storage similar to this called Trofast from Iea, its gorgeous looking. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, I do somewhat the same, but really like the top wooden case with the slide out tubs, where did you find that? I think it's called Lace Addiction!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW is all I can say! What a great space and so pretty too!
    Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for the positive comments! The top shelves are from Ikea called Trofast wall storage. I stacked two on top of a Martha Stewart cube storage. I hope that helps.
    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great Wednesday watch ! I thought it was so smart, and cool. I didn't know fabric shops would give those away, I will try that !! Thanks Anitra !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling storage, Anitra. Thanks for sharing.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10