Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Watch Us Wednesday

Good Morning all and welcome to The Kraft Journals Watch Us Wednesday.

There is no denying that one of the hottest trends today is vintage inspired Chalkboards.
Kraft Outlet has three sizes of our Blackboard Cardstock ready for all kinds of projects. Take a look at what Tammy has done with this paper.

Hi There!

It's Tammy, and it's my turn to share a Product Spotlight with you from The Kraft Outlet which host the blog The Kraft Journal. Today, I am sharing a card that features Blackboard Stock Paper.

When I think Blackboard, Teacher comes to mind. Teacher Appreciation week is coming up next week, so I thought I would share a card when the chalkboard technique is used.
I started with a card base of Brown Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock.  I then added a top layer of Blackboard Stock Paper which I embossed with an ABC embossing folder. To get the "chalky" look, I used a paper towel and a pigment white ink pad and rubbed it across the panel. 

For the sentiment, I stamped the Thanks in Versa Mark Ink and heat set with White Embossing Powder. I followed by stamping it again in White Pigment ink slightly to heat set to give a chalk board effect. Last, I just used the paper towel again to smudge some ink onto the board. I took a white watercolor pencil and finished it of by drawing a few lines around the sentiment. 

The Easel was cut from Brown Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock and then embossed in a woodgrain embossing folder to give a realistic feel. The same technique was used for the banner stamped for the year which are hung with Natural Hemp Cord. For a decorative touch, a tab created from Ruler Ribbon was used and anchored with a red button and treated with Natural Hemp Cord.

I hope you have enjoyed this project spotlight. If you have any questions, you can visit me at my blog: Creating Somewhere Under The Sun.

Have a Wonder Wednesday!
~Tammy~

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME job, Tammy. I just LOVE The Kraft Outlet's blackboard papers and tags!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10