Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Watch Us Wednesday

Hi again, so glad you could join us at The Kraft Journal.  We have some beautiful eye candy, so take a look.

Happy Wednesday! It's Kristi here showing you some inspirational ideas with this week's featured Kraft Outlet item, Vintage Sheet Music Pages!  Vintage sheet music has been so hot the last few years in both paper crafting and home decorating. It evokes a feeling of time gone by, maybe the particular song has meaning to you or you are a musician or if you just love it's beautiful graphic nature.  There are so many things you can do with it and it's really easy to work with. Here are a few ideas I've come up with.

 My first idea is a decoupaged box. Any box you have lying around will do. You can repurpose a shipping box,an old cigar box or maybe a decorative box that  doesn't fit into your decor any longer.I've chosen a paper mache' star shaped box I purchased. I painted the sides of the box black and simply traced around the lid directly onto the sheet music. I cut it out with scissors and used Mod Podge to adhere it to the top of the box. After it dried, I put another coat of Mod Podge over the top to seal it permanently. I decorated the sides of the box with some die cut sheet music. I adhered it with a small amount of hot glue. The top of the box is embellished with some black crepe paper, a die cut sheet music star and an Icon Flatback flair button. I've also attached a Scalloped Prim Grungy Tag and fashioned a sentiment with a combination of Chit Chat Word Stickers and stamps. Here is a closeup of the top:


Next up is a sweet little set of tags.

Each tag is made with a Grungy Prim Shipping Tag #2. I've added a die cut star stamped with vintage ladies stamped in black ink. I've added a Chit Chat Word Sticker to each and finished the tags off with a bit of dramatic black lace. These tags would make great gift tags,bookmarks or embellishments for cards and scrapbooks.

Because my first love is cards, I've made one for you!
I've made my card with Lunch Bag Kraft Cover Weight Card Stock cut to 4.25 by 5.50 inches. I stamped a sheet music background stamp on the card front. I layered my card with a layered label die cut from black card stock and Vintage Sheet Music. The focal point is a lovely lace and gold beaded flower. The bottom of the card was wrapped with black seam binding and the sentiment banner finishes it off beautifully.

I hope you've enjoyed this week's product spotlight and decide to add some Vintage Music Sheets to your crafting stash. Thank you for joining us today!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful creations Kristie. No favorites I'm afraid. All are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10