Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Watch Us Wednesday - Vintage Dictionary Pages

Hi there friends, it's Tammy, and it's my turn to share a product spotlight with you today on Watch Us Wednesday!  I am spotlighting Vintage Dictionary Pages. It's actually one of my favorite products to incorporate in designs.

Today, I incorporated Vintage Dictionary Pages into a little altered project. I had this little house siting in my craft room waiting to take on a new life. I like to make little decorations for my home for the holidays, so I thought I would go with a Patriotic theme for the upcoming 4th festivities.

I started by giving the house a base coat of vintage white acrylic paint. I sanded the edges and corners for a rustic look. Next, I measured the front and cut the Vintage Dictionary Pages to size leaving the edges/corners showing. I used a coating of Royal Coat to secure it to the house.
The rest is just having fun dressing up and designing as you see fit. All items I used today were either scraps or items I have had in my stash for awhile. Such as these Patriotic Sticker embellishments. I thought they looked fun enough to be "windows". 
 As you can see, I incorporated the Vintage Dictionary Pages throughout the house.  I decided to leave the back as is, and I like it. 
 Several navy blue buttons were added to the roof along with chunky glitter and lace trim. 
I hope have enjoyed my product spotlight today. See below how I have used this product in a few other projects.
See the original post here.
See the original post here.
See the original post here.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!!
~Tammy~

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing what's you've done here with the Dictionary pages! I love old book pages and love to craft with them. The ornament you have pictured would be a beautiful addition to a Christmas tree decorated with burlap, lace and linen, I think! Thanks for the fun post!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10