Wednesday, September 10, 2014

What's Hot Wednesday at the Kraft Journal

Anitra here and today I am featuring Lunch Bag Kraft No. 10 policy envelopes!  These envelopes are so much fun to work with.  Of course you can use them for mailing fun cards and letters, but I chose to use them to create a fun Travel mini album.  


Using an accordion fold hinge system for the binding of the envelopes, I simply cut 2 inches off the envelope and slipped the envelope onto the hinge.  To make to cover of the the book I used some Precut Chipboard Full Sheets available at the Kraft Outlet.  I cut the chipboard a bit larger than the envelopes and wrapped the chipboard with some Lunch bag cardstock.  


In this photo I used some black cardstock to better show how the cardstock is wrapped over the chipboard.  Leaving a 1" border around the chipboard cover gives enough to fold over and adhere.  You will want to miter the corners to avoid bulk.  



Once you have created the accordion fold hinge system.  You can just slip the envelopes onto the hinge.  The fun part is decorating the envelopes!



Because these are opened from the side of the envelope you can add a photo mat on the inside, giving loads of room for photos and journaling.



With the ends of the envelopes I cut off I was able to use them as pockets, which would be great for holding Library cards for journaling!  For more information on how I created this mini using great products from the Kraft Outlet please stop by my blog, Stamping While They Sleep.

1 comment:

  1. this travel book is very nice!!!
    I love the colours you used!
    kisses
    Cri

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10