Wednesday, November 12, 2014

What's Hot Wednesday

Hello Kraft Journal Friends,

It's Tammy, and I am here to do a Product Spotlight feature for The Kraft Outlet on chipboard.   I made two different cards for you showing two different uses, but the possibilities are endless. These are just two examples.

Here is a Christmas card I made where I used the chipboard to die-cut the tree, and then I cut the tree again from patterned paper.
I started by using a piece of the Small Precut Chipboard The Kraft Outlet sells and running it through my die-cutting machine using a Sizzix Tree die.


 Next I printed some green gingham checked paper using the Buff Ivory cardstock. I waited a few minutes to make sure it was dry and I cut a piece to run through my die-cutting machine using the same die once more.  Next I adhered the patterned paper to the top of the chipboard piece.  This is a great way to create your own chipboard images. To give a vintage look, I inked the edges of the tree using Vintage Photo distress ink.
I repeated the same process for the snowflakes, and I layered them on top of the other adding a brown button laced with Natural Hemp Cord.  I then stamped a greeting onto a Scalloped Grungy Prim Tag.  I added patterned paper to the Brown Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock base adding some vintage crochet lace trim to the top. Lastly, all I had to do was add the Chipboard tree image to the center adding the snowflakes and Scalloped Grungy Prim Tag to the middle of the card.
For my next card, I took another piece of the Small Precut Chipboard and placed it inside an embossing folder to create a sturdy background. I took the embossed piece and ran it through a stitched rectangle die to give it a nice finishing touch.
All that was left was to layer and assemble the card. I just used pieces from my scrap pile to complete this Baseball birthday card. 

I hope I have given you a few ideas for using chipboard in your projects.  It's also a good base to create good and sturdy tags which is perfect with the upcoming holidays. Remember you have until Sunday to create a project in our current challenge. I always enjoy seeing what you create. 
If you would like more details about products used in this card, please visit me at my blog: Creating Somewhere Under The Sun

Have a GREAT Wednesday!
~Tammy~

1 comment:

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10