Wednesday, January 28, 2015

What's Hot Wednesday - Chalkboard Paper

Hello, krafty friends!  It's Karen here today with a fabulous What's Hot Wednesday segment featuring the Kraft Outlet's AWESOME Chalkboard Paper.  We all know how popular chalkboard projects are right now, and this fabulous paper makes this technique SO easy.  The Kraft Outlet carries Chalkboard Paper in both 8.5" x 11" Size and Half Sized (8.5" x 5.5").  And....The Kraft Outlet also carries Chalkboard Tags.
chalkboard paper from Kraft Outlet
What's really great about this wonderful Chalkboard Paper is that you can create all the popular chalkboard techniques by either stamping on it, or using a rub-on.  For my first project, above, I created a card.  I started with a Small Ivory Buff Note Card base.  To that, I added the Blackboard Stock Paper.  Next, I added a journaling card from the Jenni Bowlin Vintage Black Journaling Card Set, and on top of that I added a Chalkboard Tag that I inked with white chalk ink.  I used my handy dandy Bone Folder Tool to apply a rub-on sentiment.  I ran lengths of Black Baker's Twine around my card to frame it, and finally added a bow to the upper left corner that was made from a clear button, more Black Baker's Twine, and Vintage Winter White Hand-Stained Bias Tape.
chalkboard paper from Kraft Outlet
For my second project(s), I created two gift card holders using Mini Notebook Merchandise Bags.  Inside the bags, I tucked Jenni Bowling Vintage Black Journaling Cards so that I can include a personalized note, and also tucked a gift card into each.  On the front of each bag, I added a Chalkboard Tag with a stamped and embossed sentiment.  Each tag is attached to the bag using a clothespin from the Vintage Memories Wooden Clothespin Set and a bow made from Black Baker's Twine.
chalkboard paper from Kraft Outlet
These fabulous Chalkboard Papers have so many fabulous uses, and really make it easy and fun to create all the popular chalkboard techniques we're seeing everywhere.  This is a great week to treat yourself to this fabulous product.  You'll just love ALL the great products available at The Kraft Outlet.  We also hope that you'll stop by and play along in this week's challenge.  Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you'll visit my blog, My Cup Runneth Over, for a closer look at these Chalkboard projects.

Karen

1 comment:

  1. These are just great, Karen. Love your beautiful bow, twine and button on the card. Pockets are as cute as can be. Sorry I am just now commenting. I have had the flu all week and have been too sick and weak to even be able to sit at the computer for more than a few minutes at a time. Hopefully I will turn the corner soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let us know you stopped by!

09 10